Head Teacher for ORKIDS
We are looking for a head teacher that will be responsible for the education of all students as well as able to lead, motivate and manage teachers by delegating responsibility, setting expectations, targets and evaluating teachers performance and teaching quality. Support the board of committee members and centre coordinator in managing day to day operational activities related to ORKIDS educational program.
Special Education Teacher for ORKIDS
We are looking for a Special Education Teacher to join our team of educators. You will be responsible for teaching groups of students with Down Syndrome. You will manage existing curriculum on basic subjects writing, counting and reading to meet each student learning requirements and build individual lesson plan tailored to their specific needs. Ultimately, you will help and inspire children to achieve important learning milestones.
RAMADAN RAYA CHARITY CAMPAIGN
Di bulan Ramadhan yang mulia ini kami memohon jasa baik anda semua untuk menderma serendah RM5 untuk menjayakan program pembelajaran anak anak down syndrome di ORKIDS. Semoga Ramadhan kali ini lebih bermakna untuk semua ❤ Salam Ramadhan.
We are proud to present to you ORKIDS Limited Edition 2021 Desk Calendar. This calendar is a compilation of 12 beautiful art pieces made with love by our students. Art therapy helps to bring out their creativity, boosts self-esteem, and as a way of communication for children with special needs. Make this as the best gift for you, for your friends and families this New Year… get it TODAY at RM25/calendar!
1 unit RM 25
50 units above RM 23
100 units above RM 22
>300 units RM20
Kindly place your order via below channels :
Our IG Shop @orkidsshoppe or whatsapp us directly at 019 3089656 (Alimas)
May the New Year brings you peace, joy, prosperity and happiness. ❤️
- Down syndrome is named for Dr. John Langdon Down, who wrote the most prominent paper describing the disorder in the 1860s. The name Down syndrome was not standardized until 1975.
- Down syndrome is far and away the most common condition involving chromosomes, occurring approximately in one out of every 691 births.
- The most common type of Down syndrome is trisomy 21, which means an extra copy of the 21st It is not hereditary. The other two types are translocation and mosaicism, which account for around 5% of cases.
- While incidences of Down syndrome correlate with the mother’s age, around 80% of Down syndrome babies are born to mothers under the age of 35.
- Nothing a parent does or does not do is known to cause Down syndrome during pregnancy – it occurs randomly.
- Down syndrome occurs regularly in both sexes and across socioeconomic classes.
- With the great strides made in understanding this disorder, individuals with Down syndrome are living long, happy lives. The life expectancy for these individuals has increased from 25 years in 1980 to over 60 years today.
- Down syndrome leaves people with an increased risk of some medical conditions. These conditions include congenital heart defects, respiratory issues, hearing problems, Alzheimer’s disease, leukemia, and thyroid disorders. Parents and caretakers need to take extra care in screening for medical issues.
- While individuals with Down syndrome experience cognitive delays, they are often mild to moderate. Most people with Down syndrome lead fulfilling and productive lives.
ORKIDS MCO URGENT FUND APPEAL
ORKIDS is a learning centre dedicated for Down Syndrome students based in Petaling Jaya.
Due to the COVID19 situation, the centre has been closed since mid-March 2020; however online classes has resumed since 1st week of April.
The centre has been unable to collect full fees as the centre was closed physically; and donations have almost stopped.
ORKIDS needs MYR25k per month to keep paying their 6 teachers’ salaries, rent for the centre and utility bills.
ORKIDS is calling for generous donors to chip in and donate to keep the centre afloat during this time of crisis.
Bank transfers can be made through:
MAYBANK ACCOUNT: 562683200189
PERSATUAN KEBAJIKAN ANAK-ANAK ISTIMEWA SELANGOR
MAYBANK2U PAYEE : ZAKAT & CHARITY UNDER THE NAME : ORKIDS (OUR KIDS ARE SPECIAL)
DOWN SYNDROME AWARENESS MONTH
In conjunction with Down Syndrome Awareness Month in October, OrkidShoppe will be selling a few merchandise to help raise funds for Orkids School.
Grateful if you could lend your support by purchasing these items and help to promote to friends and families🙏
To place order, kindly let US know or can contact 012-2099 688.
HOW TO ENROLL
SPONSOR A CHILD
ALL ABOUT ORKIDS
ORKIDS (Our Kids Are Special) or formally known as Persatuan Kebajikan Anak Anak Istimewa Selangor was established on 6th April 2012. It started off as a support group by parents to down syndrome children.
Orkids has now turned into a full-blown non-profit educational resource centre for these special-needs children managed by a group of dedicated parents, teachers and support staff.
Registered with The Registrar Of Society Selangor under the name Persatuan Kebajikan Anak-Anak Istimewa Selangor (ORKIDS) (Ros Registration Number: PPM-029-10-06042012).
ORKIDS programs cater for children with learning disabilities in general and specialised to support children with down syndrome.
ORKIDS aspiration is to ensure our students are prepared towards independence living; with continuous education programs from the age of seven and towards their readiness for vocational education training.
PARENTS SUPPORT GROUP (PSG)
ORKIDS’ parents support group is created to support the family and the centre in any events involving the students and parents/family members. The PSG roles are mainly to provide the following:
- Be the bridge between the centre, teachers and parents
- Support the centre’s initiated events and/or celebrations
- Organise talks/confererences to support the parents, siblings and family members